Having an updated and complete Google My Business profile is an important piece to gaining new business. When trying to find a product or service, Google is the first place everyone goes to. People trust Google’s rankings, suggestions and reviews.
Google My Business increases your visibility and boosts your local SEO. It also lets potential clients know WHAT your business is about, WHERE to find it and HOW to connect with your business.
To effectively use a Google My Business account for your business, I suggest:
- Claiming your listing.
- Ensuring your company details are correct and up-to-date.
- Uploading images that represent your business (logos, brand images, etc.)
- Uploading pictures of your office(s) location to make it easy to identify.
- Adding pictures of your company’s staff for a personable touch.
- Only using images that are clear and of high quality.
- Encouraging your clients to post reviews about your company.
Below is a comprehensive “how to” guide to ease the stress of claiming and updating your Google My Business profile:
Google Business Instructions
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/
- Click “Sign In” button in the top right corner.
- The page will redirect you to accounts.google.com. Sign in with your google credentials
- Once you’re in, you will be able to see your Google Business dashboard.
- To manage photos, click the “manage photos”
- To delete a photo, click the photo and then click the trash can icon in the top right.
- To add a photo, click the camera icon in the top right.
- Photos can be segmented into categories. The categories are shown at the top after you click manage photos.
- Interior: Section dedicated to interior office layout photos.
- Exterior: Section dedicated to the photos that help your business to be identified from the outside.
- At Work: Section dedicated to action shots of staff and clients. Example: meetings, presentations, etc.
- Team: Section dedicated to displaying staff members. Headshots and group photos can go here.
- Identity: Section dedicated for profile photos. Your cover photo, profile photo and logo live here.
- To change information such as telephone numbers, business hours or business category. Click “Info” on the left side of the dashboard.
- For each item you would like to edit, click the pencil icon. Please click the save button at the bottom after making all changes.
- You can see other things such as Insights and Reviews by clicking the category on the left-hand side.
This post courtesy of Account Coordinator, Shanelle Benjamin